Friday, December 15, 2006

Random Quote Book...

So I have found my equivilant of Supermans weakness... Though in my case, instead of a green rock, its a small neighborhood bookstore with a really smart,cute girl who works there, right down the street from Starbucks AND Tully's. WHO KNEW MY WEAKNESS! Books, a crush and coffee all in one city block! Curses, foiled again!

And now for something completely different...

While browsing the kryptonian bookstore, I found the coolest book ever, well at least the coolest book that contains random literary quotes. Funny You Should Say That: Amusing remarks from Cicero to the Simpsons is a new fave, both hilarious and thought provoking. I think I shall be provoked to blog more frequently on some of them, if only for the laugh.

Example:

"The youth of the present day are quite monstrous. they have absolutely no respect for dyed hair." - Oscar Wilde Mr. Dumby in Lady Windermere's Fan, act 3 (1893)

No comments: