Saturday, December 11, 2004

Soul Ministry

Mint hot chocolate and cherry turnovers… Seriously, they mend my soul. It is a rare feeling indeed, the feeling I get of warmth that spreads through my body as I sip mint hot chocolate. Add the thin, delectable layers combined with the sweet, smooth filling of a cherry turn over and I am in culinary heaven. Some how when I am in a place no mater how stressful (I would know as finals are in full swing) the drink alone is enough to put my mind at ease and my soul at rest. How is it that baked goods and steaming cups of culinary and confectous delight can have such a great effect on me? Is it something that Starbucks spikes there drinks with? Some magical concoction that bubbles in a kettle in the back of their establishment that the barista must go and stir every once and a while?
There must be something in chocolate that affects our chemistry in order to have such a profound effect on us mere mortals

‘Tis the season! I walk everywhere and there is red and green and pine boughs and holly. There is something about Christmas that seems to resonate with most people. The community alone is a major factor in it. There is something special about being able to wish everyone “Merry Christmas!” as they pass you in at the grocery store or on campus. Sure there are the occasional Scrooge’s who dislike the holiday for what ever reason, the lack of political correctness, the over-commercialization or the theological inaccuracy of the holiday in regards to Christ’s actual birthday, but these people are no reason for the rest of us not to be full of Holiday cheer. So Merry Christmas... Speaking of which I get to go see the last showing of Torrey Theatre's Production of A Christmas Carol tommarrow!

No comments: