Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Shaken' loose.

Well I had to wait six months but Uncle Sam has finally decided to do something with my unit. For those of you that don't know, I am a Combat Medic in the Army Reserve and a member of the 328th Combat Support Hospital (Think the old TV show MASH). The Army had us on ALERT status (The first of five steps of deployment, the last step being landing in Baghdad or wherever) and told us to "be ready" because we could receive a mission at any time. Well they finally decided to send part of my unit to Germany. I am not among them. However, if they have decided that we can be better used in pieces than as an entire unit than that means that I could get split off from the main unit and sent to God only knows where. So please pray for the health and peace of the members of the 328th that are going over, that God would be glorified in this. For me, please pray that His Will is done. It’s relatively reassuring to know that I have no part in this decision. It’s totally a God thing if I have to go or not. My will can't get in the way. All I can do now though is be obedient to my immediate calling of being a student here at Biola and prayerfully await anything else.

No comments: